Want to become an animal advocate and promote excellence in our community? Consider a job at the Pensacola Humane Society! We are a non-profit organization dedicated to saving animals and educating the public.
Currently we are accepting resumes for the following position(s):
This position is for approximately 18 hours a week and starts at minimum wage. Applicants must be available to work weekends, lift 50#,have a general working knowledge of computers, and a high school diploma or equivalent. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- creating, gathering, and maintaining files for animals
- processing adoptions and intakes
- attending and assisting with off-site events
- educating the public on how to provide humane care for their animal
- answering the phone and carrying out general administrative tasks
- assisting kennel staff with intaking animals
- any other tasks assigned
To apply for this position, send your resume along with 3 references to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Volunteer Department Intern
Part Time (15-25 hours per week)
May include weekends and evenings
The Pensacola Humane Society is committed to improving the lives of companion animals in our community through advocacy, adoption, education, and sanctuary. With approximately 100 active volunteers, PHS has contributed numerous hours of volunteer service to our shelter and community.
The Volunteer Department Intern will gain first-hand experience in volunteer program planning, advertising, and implementation in a non-profit setting, including, but not limited to individual and day of service group volunteer opportunities.
Hands-on duties will include:
- Assisting with developing marketing and advertising strategies for volunteer events and programs
- Set up and tear down for volunteer functions
- Assisting with volunteer fairs and day of service group programs
- Assisting with directing and managing Day of Service volunteer programs and office assistance volunteers
- Aide in event planning, decorating, and implementation
Administrative duties will include:
- Update, input and compile data with Google Drive and Microsoft Office
- Volunteer program research
- Email and phone correspondence
- Assist with other relevant duties as requested
- Social Media and Press Release promotion of events
The intern will be one of the onsite representatives and a contact person for volunteer questions and scheduling. He or she should be able to troubleshoot and problem solve efficiently, while maintaining composure around clients, donors, animals, and volunteers.
Reports directly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Actively engages with various departments throughout the Pensacola Humane Society.
- Must be over 18
- Must have the ability to follow directions, work independently, and efficiently manage one’s time
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work (set up, run, tear down) Pensacola Humane Society’s volunteer programs when needed, in conjunction with the Volunteer Department team and volunteers
- Must be comfortable working with and around shelter animals including dogs and cats.
- Must have sincere interest in the vision and mission of the Pensacola Humane Society’s organization and be willing to comply with our culture statement
- Must have access to reliable transportation to and from PHS and be open to local travel
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive the company van
- Computer literacy required with a working knowledge of Facebook and Microsoft Office Suite.
- May be working with materials of a confidential nature and must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Emily Shelton, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include answers to these questions in your Cover Letter:
- What interests you in working with the Pensacola Humane Society?
- Describe previous experience in promoting events. (i.e. social media, press releases, community flyers, etc)
- Describe 3 skills you possess that you feel make you qualified to perform the job duties necessary in this role.
- Describe any computer competency skills you possess. (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Drive, social media, etc)
- Tell us about a time you had to organize an event or project that had many different facets. What was your plan of action?