Various Volunteer Opportunities for Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, & Milton, FL
Current volunteers click here to login!
So, you want to be a volunteer for the Pensacola Humane Society? There are just a few steps to becoming a part of our lifesaving team!
- Submit your volunteer application so that we have all of the information that we'll need from you.
- After sending in your application, Rae, our Volunteer Coordinator, will reach out to you with information on how to access our online orientation.
- Once you have read through the orientation, you'll be paired with a volunteer mentor for your assignment training. This training will only take a few hours and will make sure that you understand how to safely handle the dogs and cats that are staying with us and also how the shelter functions each day.
- You are now a volunteer and can visit us 730am - 4pm any day of the week to improve the lives of our furry friends!
What Can I Do As A Volunteer?
We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for people in the Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, and Milton, FL area, from working with the dogs and cats to assisting with office duties and offsite events.
- Help key in paperwork
- Socialize cats and kittens
- Assist PHS and the community by answering phones
- Walk & socialize dogs
- Participate in offsite fundraising and adoption events
- Clean kennels and animal areas
- Assist in running our Pet Supply Pantry
- Help adopters meet their future pets
- Photograph cats, dogs, events and more!
Benefits of Volunteer Opportunities at your Local Shelter
- Beneficial to Your Emotional & Mental Health: Volunteer opportunities not only give back to your community and the animals in it, but it also has positive emotional and psychological effects. Petting and cuddling pets have been shown to reduce blood pressure and increase levels of serotonin and dopamine.
- Fun Activities: There are many fun activities you can choose from to do with the animals at the shelter. Walking the dogs, playing with the cats, and much more can be involved in your volunteer opportunities.
- Gain Professional & Life Experience: Volunteering is a great way to try out a new career or to try something new. This is a prime opportunity to explore a new area of interest. Volunteer opportunities allow you to develop new skills while also building upon your own strengths.
Reach Out to Learn About Our Volunteer Opportunities!
When you volunteer with the Pensacola Humane Society, you're doing more than helping animals in need; you're enriching yourself and benefitting our community. Volunteering connects you to other people and helps you make new friends and contacts. You never know when you'll meet someone who will change your life down the line! Volunteering with us also increases self-confidence, helps keep you physically and mentally healthy, and even helps to combat depression. Working to help others simply feels good! You can even volunteer with family or friends to spend time together and enjoy the benefits of working with our organization as a group! If you want to learn more about the volunteer opportunities available throughout the Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, and Milton, FL areas, fill out our application or reach out to our office today. We look forward to working with you!